Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kitten Knitting

Photo upload! I have some scattered photos from various and sundry activities from the past week. Let's see...first off,

My birthday! (Or the aftermath thereof). The shirt is a gift from my mom - isn't it fun? It was...late when this picture was taken. Let's leave it at that.



Next up, the upholstery project. This is as far as we've gotten, but it's progress. Perhaps this weekend we might get a bit further. So far it looks good though, I think!






Next up, knitting! My sister got me a gift certificate from a great website called www.Supercrafty.com, run by a woman who is apparently superhuman at getting packages in the mail quickly. This stuff shipped the same day I ordered it. Unbelievable! I ordered some pink stripey sock yarn, some double-pointed needles, and some circular needles. Isn't the yarn pretty?



I haven't started on those socks yet, because I've been busy finishing up THESE socks:


Yay! New socks!! I love them, although they didn't have as much orange in them as I thought they would. Also for some reason my right ankle looks HUGE in this picture. Huh. Not sure what that's all about. Also, I apparently don't have very big feet, or the yarn companies think everyone wears a size 17, because there is a LOT of yarn left over from these socks. So! I don't know what I'll do with it, but...oh! Maybe I can make socks for the kittens! They'd love that!

Speaking of kittens, they got baths tonight. I got clawed. But they're clean and I gave them some soft food while they laid in front of the heater, so they're not too horribly traumatized.

Also? They're growing like weeds. Here is Poe, still damp from his bath:


Loki was more concerned about the presence of food within eating distance, so he was wolfing this down. As in, eating so hard he wasn't breathing. Dude. There is no fire. Slow down. The 9-Lives is not a gazelle. It won't run away before you finish eating it.

(They're both blacker in reality than in the pictures, which I had to lighten a bit to get some contrast, so you could see them.)
And here's proof that the kittens are very helpful with knitting:
Hee hee.
Not much else to report on this end. Just working every day and....working. It's only Tuesday. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your hair, Kelli! It's beautiful! I miss you. -e

    ReplyDelete