Friday, January 23, 2009

The Kittens Are So Stoic!

Good news on the kitten front:
They're free of tapeworms (eew), their respiratory & eye infections are cleared up, and they've started receiving their vaccinations. They were such champs last night! They sat in their carrier without whining (which is a small miracle in and of itself) and didn't claw or pitch a fit. I was so proud!
Also, Loki has gained half a pound. In a week. Which seemed like a lot, until they weighed Poe, who gained almost a full pound. They're growing like little furry clawing weeds!
Other than that, I am SO glad it's Friday. This weekend will be the Start On Reupholstering The Goodwill Furniture Extravaganza, starting tonight with 3 hours of making piping for the wingback chair that's scheduled to go from old-Floridian-retiree-pastel-upholstery to pimpy-burgundy-crushed-velvet-upholstery. Sweet. The piping is a gold stripe with blue & red in it. Should look fantastic. I'm making the piping myself though, which generally takes a few hours to get the yardage I need (15 yards for this chair, I believe). I did it for the other chair I did, and it turned out nicely. I only slipcovered that chair though, I didn't upholster it, even though upholstery would've been easier probably!

Just to remind you, here are some pictures of the old chair before and after the slipcovering:




The new chair is a wingback chair with wooden legs - even the legs need to be sanded and refinished! But it was only $10 at the goodwill. You can't pass that up! And yes, I promise I will take photos of the upholstery projects as they move along. I take photos if for no other reason than to remind me of what it looks like so I can put it back together!
I'm excited about learning upholstery techniques - I know a little, but don't really feel like I know enough to tackle just about anything yet. It's one of my new year's resolutions to learn upholstery (as well as lose back down to 140 lbs, even though I sit here eating a Snickers - sigh).
Time to finish up a few things here and then head out for the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to be close enough to witness the re-discovery of yourself.

    Embark on a journey of your own design.
    The direction controlled only by you.
    Re-discover those things you lost on the way.
    And revel in discoveries new.

    Your talent immeasurable, abilities immense.
    There is nothing you're incapable of.
    Just know as you create life on your own terms.
    You have my support, my devotion, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am creeped out that as a follower of your blog right now, you can't see my photo, only a scary shadowimage. . . mwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete