Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Story of Springtime!

Ah yes, chickadees. It's that time of year. Spring! When the weather turns nicer (except for the cold spell we've had for the last 2 days - freezing last night! Brrr!) and my general feeling is one of not wanting to be inside. I get antsy, ready to move, ready to go, wanting to not sit in an office and file papers. It's hard! I suffer miserably! I'm like a child who is impatiently waiting for summer break to arrive, fighting my urge to heed the siren call of verdant growth!

Everything is frolicking!

Bright green tree frogs are singing! Butterflies are fluttering their way from flower to flower! Ladybugs daintily flit from one leaf to another! It's lovely! It's magical! It's enchanting!

So I go outside! I want to be part of the effervescent life of spring! I run outside, ready to frolic as well as any fuzzy caterpillar! (Do caterpillars frolic?) I want to be one with nature! I want to breathe in the deep scented air of spring!

I throw open the door and leap into the great green yonder!

And immediately lose a pint of blood, because every mosquito and sand gnat within a 5 mile radius can smell me coming and hone in like bloodhounds (pardon the pun there).

Then in a flank attack, every particle of pollen that was released around the house mysteriously finds its way into my nasal passages, where it attacks my sinuses like so many fluffy golden viking berzerkers.

So I frolic my way back inside to the couch and Spike Channel's CSI marathon and my knitting bag.

Cue Benadryl.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment